Sunday, June 13, 2021

Nicole Brown and the Domestic Violence

I often hear people downplay the domestic violence aspect of this case.  Of course an abuser doesn't always commit murder, but when analyzing the the totality of evidence, one should never discount its relevance.  I believe that it is highly relevant to OJ's motive.  Here are numerous pieces of evidence (culled from the trial testimony itself, commentary of the detectives and lawyers involved in the case, and Nicole's personal diary).  

1) The famous New Year’s incident of 1989 where police were called to the residence, in which Nicole ran out of the house screaming “He’s going to kill me, he’s going to kill me!” to the officer on the scene.


2) Nicole’s 911 phone call in which she claims Simpson broke in the back door (though at that point she said that he had not yet hit her).  Nicole said in the phone call,  “I don’t want to stay on the line he’s going to beat the shit out of me.”


3) According to Officer Terry Schauer of the West LAPD Division, he had received a “screaming woman-call” on Mulholland from Marquerite Simpson, who refused to press charges even though she was beaten by her husband, OJ.  Another LAPD officer, Richard Deanna, had a similar story as far back as 1969 with Marguerite.


4) In 1993, Brown told Kris Jenner, “Sooner or later, he’s going to kill me.”  Brown allegedly wanted Jenner to help her make a tape recording of his behavior and put it in a safe-deposit box.


5) In 1990, Brown told Jenner (after she encouraged Brown to leave OJ), “I can’t leave…If I leave, he’ll kill me.”


6) D’Anne Purcilly-Lebon, a close friend of Nicole, recounted to detectives in 1993 that Brown had said to her, “Everywhere I go, he shows up.  I really think he’s going to kill me.”


7) Denise Brown testified that once at Rockingham, in the mid 80’s, OJ had picked up Nicole, threw her against the wall, and then picked her up and threw her out the front door.


8) When the LAPD informed Lou Brown’s death, Denise, in the background, immediately begins to scream, “I knew he’d do it! I knew that motherfucker would kill her!  I knew it! OJ did it! OJ killed her! I knew that son of a bitch was going to do it!”


9) Three weeks before the murders, Nicole told Juditha Brown, “He’s following me again, Mommy. I’m scared.  I go to the gas station, and he’s there. I go to Payless shoe store, and he’s there. I’m driving, and he’s behind me.”


10) Judith also claimed that a month before the murder, Nicole had said that Simpson had told her, “If I ever see you with another man, I’ll kill you.”


11) According to Denise Brown, two weeks before her death, Nicole said that Simpson was continuing his threats said, “I need to get a recorder or put this down on paper.”  She claims that Simpson additionally said to her, after their most recent breakup, “I have no reason to live now.”


12) In her safety deposit box, Nicole kept a series of pictures of her bruised face and her diary.  Her diary contains the following statements.  There were many more than what is listed here.


* “OJ threw me against the wall in our hotel and on the floor.  Put bruises one my arms and             back.”


* “..beat me for hours as I kept crawling from the door.”


* “smashed my car with a baseball bat after visiting Tammy Hughe.”


* “Chased me, grabbed me, threw me into walls - threw all my clothes out window.  Bruised             - Al Cowlings calmed you down.”


* ”Pipson Idea…OJ hit me off sofa at Pips.  Wine closet - beat me so bad.”


* “Called me whore.  Hit me while he fucked me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment